In general, legumes are considered nutritious and healthy. But does this also apply to lenses? And can you eat lentils at all during pregnancy? After all, they can definitely have a flatulence effect. We’ve put together everything you need to know about it below.
1. The most important things at a glance
- During pregnancy, lenses are mainly valuable nutrients (such as folic acid) is recommended.
- but the lens not eaten rawBut always peel, marinate and cook first.
- because the lens stodgy Large quantities may apply bloating or abdominal pain to lead.
- Lentils came out of the can already cooked So it is allowed eaten hot and cold something to do.
- Also, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with warming up your lenses during pregnancy.
2. Can I eat lentils during pregnancy?
clearly! Lentils are actually very healthy for pregnant women. For example, legumes folic acidIt is recommended to be taken even if you plan to have children or are pregnant. keep your child healthy It plays an important role. At the same time, the lens offers a lot. protein (essential for muscle building) as well as steel (Supports blood formation). It also contains various minerals such as magnesium and zinc. High levels also ensure good blood circulation potassium content, and vitamin C Supports the immune system. So you can eat all kinds of lentils without hesitation, be it red, yellow, brown, green, beluga or pardina lentils.
How about canned lenses?
You can also eat canned lentils cold or warm during pregnancy. Beans are usually already cookedYou no longer need to explicitly heat it up.
Can I Eat Sprouted Lentils During Pregnancy?
No. In general, eating sprouts during pregnancy is not a problem. However, like bean sprouts, sprouted lentils should not be eaten raw. be sure to learn. This is the only way you can be sure that it does not contain any pathogens that could be dangerous to you and your baby.
I love to eat lentil chips during pregnancy. Is it possible?
Basically chips during pregnancy Of course, it is not prohibited. However, they should not be consumed in large amounts and should be consumed in moderation. This also applies to lentil chips. Because there is one popular snack high fat contentMany salt and often too acrylamide. The latter occurs when food is heated to high temperatures. Acrylamide is considered problematic by experts and is suspected of being carcinogenic.
So, while lentils are allowed during pregnancy, what foods are actually contraindicated? free guide 125 foods to avoid during pregnancy Say it.
3. Are raw lentils dangerous during pregnancy?
Pregnant: Lentils should not be eaten raw. Instead, legumes should be cooked before consumption. Just soaking lentils in plain water is not enough. Because it can be heated. toxin It is disassembled from the lens. These include, among other things: protein phesin, because it is also present in soybeans, it must be well cooked. However, peas do not contain fahsin, so they can usually be eaten raw. As the body absorbs phasin, it can often increase. severe symptoms of poisoning to lead.
tip: Lentils must be peeled and soaked before cooking. Except for yellow and red lentils. These are already peeled and crumble when cooked.
4. Can I heat lentils if I am pregnant?
Until now, it is not known why lenses should not be allowed to warm up during pregnancy. Yes, you can heat lentil soup from the day before during pregnancy. The only important thing is that you eat lentil dishes fully heated.
5. Do lentils cause abdominal pain and bloating during pregnancy?
In fact, lentils (like other legumes) are one of them. indigestible Foods that can cause bloating and abdominal pain. This is in most cases. Eat large amounts of lentils something to do. Avoid eating too many legumes to avoid flatulence or stomach pain during pregnancy due to lentils. It’s best to experiment with how your body reacts to lentils in small amounts.
6. Lenses suitable for gestational diabetes
Lenses are also highly recommended for diabetics and pregnant women with gestational diabetes. Because there are legumes high fiber content. This ensures that dietary fiber enters the blood relatively slowly. Additionally Blood sugar levels rise only minimally.how about that high protein content of the lens.
7. Delicious Recipes: Preparing Lentils During Pregnancy
There are many delicious recipes using lentils that are good for pregnancy. We are inspired by essen-fuer-zwei.de and this great one. Modern Curry with Lentils establish:
This is necessary for 2 servings.
- 75g lens
- 125g wild rice
- 200g sweet potato
- 300 grams But
- half onion
- one garlic cloves
- two spoons Oil
- 100ml water
- 200ml coconut milk
- teaspoon Red Curry Paste
How to prepare lentil curry:
- wash them lens Especially thoroughly prepared and not only these wild rice according to the package instructions.
- therefore onion and garlic After peeling, roll the dice.
- heat it up Oil (Ideally use sunflower or rapeseed oil) In a pan, fry the onion and garlic until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- The next step is to peel it. sweet potato Cut into small cubes and place in a pan over low heat for 5 minutes.
- now he But washed
- Then remove the stems from the leaves and cut into 1.5 cm pieces.
- Put the beetroot in the frying pan for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- that much coconut milk together Red Curry Paste Add and cook for 5 minutes.
- Also cut the leaves of the chard into 1.5 cm wide strips.
- together water Beetroot leaves also come into the pot.
- Close the lid and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, add lentils to taste and serve with wild rice. Bon appetite!
Crunchy fruits and vegetables are a valuable source of nutrients for you and your baby. Take a look here.
You can also get more information on the topic “Nutrition during pregnancy” here. »
If you’d like to exchange ideas with other moms on a topic, come privately. Facebook Group: “We Are Real Moms – Questions & Answers”!