Barley soup is healthy and quick to make. If you want to try the soup, here’s a recipe with step-by-step instructions.
Barley Soup: You will need the following ingredients.
Barley soup is a hearty food eaten mainly by the poor. This is because of pearl barley. It is made from barley (sometimes also produced from wheat), which was previously considered undemanding. Pearl barley can be easily digested by peeling and grinding. They also contain some fat.
Barley soup is a home-cooked dish. The soup is usually prepared with beef. Instead, I’ll show you the vegetarian version. For 4 servings you will need:
- 200 g pearl barley
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- large onion
- 1.5 liters vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
tip: Vegetables needed for the soup can be sourced locally. For example, you can stop by your local weekly market. You’ll definitely find potatoes, carrots and onions there. Of course, if you have a garden, you can grow your own vegetables. This is how it gets done.
Add the rest of the ingredients. essential– Buy quality. Organic products are less polluted and more sustainable to grow.
Barley Soup Preparation: Here’s How
Preparation of barley soup is not difficult. Schedule about 45 minutes for this.
- First wash the pearl barley. Put it in a colander and run it under cold water. Then pour it into the pan.
- Boil 1 liter of water and pour over pearl barley. Add a little salt and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can clean the carrots and cut them into pieces. Peel the onion and garlic and finely chop both.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a second pan and fry the onion and garlic.
- Then add carrots and potatoes and fry lightly.
- Deglaze vegetables with vegetable broth. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for a quarter of an hour.
- Finally, add pearl barley and season the broth with salt and pepper. Bon appetite!
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links. By purchasing here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de. Because Utopia.de receives a portion of the proceeds from sales. More info.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for voting!