It’s not difficult to make lentil soup vegan. It makes a good appetizer, but also makes a complete main meal with a slice of bread. In this article you will find a simple basic recipe.
Vegan lentil soup has a lot in it. vegetable protein And it’s very filling. Lentils are rich in fiber Contains many minerals and trace elements, such as: steel, magnesium and potassium. Because lentils can be stored dry and dark for a long time. legumes It is sold all year round.
Vegan Lentil Soup: Recipe
To use 4 servings of Vegan Lentil Soup as a starter, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250g lens (live lentils or beluga lentils)
- 300 g vegetable soup (green onions, carrots, celery or depending on season and taste)
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 liter of water
- 1 bunch parsley
If you want to puree the soup, you will need a hand blender.
- Soaking Time: 6-12 hours
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Food use in vegan lentil soup organic seal: Contains no chemical synthetic substances. Pesticide It comes from organic farming.
Besides, you can local product purchase. They have shorter transport routes and therefore leave a smaller footprint. carbon footprint. You can get soup vegetables freshly harvested or stored locally almost all year round. For more information about the seasons of various vegetables, see Utopia seasonal calendar.
Here’s how to prepare vegan lentil soup.
Perfect for vegan lentil soup Beluga Lentils Alternatively, live lentils are especially good. red lens It breaks down easily, so you should only use it when you want to puree your soup.
The preparation of vegan lentil soup is very simple.
- first you should soaking lentils. Wash them thoroughly and soak in plenty of water overnight.
- Throw away the lentils that float to the top, as they are not edible.
- Remove the roots and dark, dry leaves from the green onions. Cut it in half lengthwise and wash it. cut the leek with thin strips.
- Peel the carrots, celery and potatoes and cut the vegetables into slices.
- Peel the onion and cut into rings.
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onion cubes until translucent, stirring constantly, add the rest of the vegetables.
- Fry the vegetables a little. Keep stirring so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- Pour water over the vegetables and place the lentils in the pan.
- Add fresh thyme or something. dried thyme Then add half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cover with vegan lentil soup and simmer over low heat until lentils and vegetables are tender. It takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the type of lentils.
- In the meantime, wash and chop the parsley.
- Season the vegan lentil soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the soup with parsley just before serving.
Precautions: If using lentils, add plenty of water in a separate pot and boil for 40 minutes until tender. When the vegetables are soft, add them to the vegan lentil soup. Beluga lentils and live lentils have a much shorter cooking time. So you can cook it with vegetables.
tip: If you like a creamy soup or want to use red lentils in your vegetarian lentil soup, you can puree it with a hand blender before sprinkling the parsley.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links. By purchasing here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de. This is because Utopia.de receives a portion of the proceeds from sales. More info.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for voting!