Minestrone is an Italian-style vegetable soup, you can prepare a classic Minestrone recipe with your favorite vegetables, depending on the season, and refine it to your liking.
Minestrone means something like “thick soup” in Italian. why? Not only because it contains a lot of delicious vegetables, but also because it is filling. It is traditionally made with Borlotti beans and potatoes and depending on the region rice, pasta or baked bread. You can also modify the Minestrone recipe to your liking. The soup is especially delicious when eaten together. homemade vegetable broth Prepared and purified with Mediterranean herbs.
Minestrone: Basic Recipe
A basic Minestrone recipe requires only a few ingredients. you need this Minestrone 4 servings:
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of herbs (chives, carrot, celery)
- About 300 g tomatoes (external season you can take a few spoons tomato paste use)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar if needed
- About 750ml vegetable broth
- 250 g boiled beans (borotti beans are best, but white beans are also delicious)
- salt and pepper
tip: Use organic ingredients whenever possible. This way you avoid pesticides and you don’t have to peel the carrots.
How to prepare Minestrone in about 45 minutes:
- Peel the onion and garlic cloves and chop them finely.
- Wash green onions, trim and cut into rings.
- Wash carrots and cut into small cubes.
- Wash the celery, remove the wood and brown parts and cut into cubes.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stem and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and greens and fry the vegetables for a few minutes. It will be slightly brown.
- Sprinkle some sugar on the vegetables according to your preference and caramelize for a while.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan and fry lightly.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, cover the pot and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Boiled beans are added to the soup. Season the soup with salt, pepper and, if necessary, a little sugar.
Minestrone goes particularly well Homemade Ciabatta Bread.
Delicious Transformation Tips for Minestrone
Minestrone’s basic recipe is so simple that you can enrich it with other ingredients. Here are some ideas.
- Add according to season other vegetables Added. For example, in autumn and winter Savoy eh, in early summer pea and in summer zucchinifried food Branch or paprika.
- with mediterranean herb Refining doubles the flavor of the broth. Oregano, thyme, sage or rosemary can be added with the vegetable broth. On the other hand, add quality herbs like basil or parsley last. In addition bay leaf And some fennel seeds provide a pungent aroma.
- fill more Finally, add noodles or rice to make the soup. Or cook diced potatoes in minestrone.
- especially delicious topping for minestrone home made pesto. For example, this is how soup is served in Genoa. otherwise also Parmesan It’s a popular topping, but you should only buy it in organic quality.
Read more at utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links. By purchasing here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de. Because Utopia.de receives a portion of the proceeds from sales. More info.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for voting!