Red lentil soup with coconut milk is a vegan classic. Here you will find a creamy, uncomplicated recipe for protein-rich lentil soup.
Red lentil soup with coconut milk is a popular vegan dish. It is nutritious, high in protein, and quick and easy to prepare.
This red lentil soup recipe contains coconut oil as well as coconut milk. When buying coconut products, you must be aware of the following:
- Coconut palms grow in tropical areas such as India, Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and the Philippines. This is because their fruit is wide CO2-Intensive transportation route Behind them before arriving in Germany.
- Farmers of traditional coconut plantations are mostly poorest class of the population This is because they rarely receive fair compensation for their work.
- On existing coconut plantations, coconut palm trees are grown as follows: single cultivation. This affects the quality of the field and makes it more difficult for farmers to grow crops in the long run.
conclusion: So, be careful when buying coconut products. fair trade– organic quality. Not only does organic farming use no synthetic pesticides, she also grows coconut palms with other tropical plants as an ecologically more integrated mixed culture. In addition, organic and fair trade companies often support environmental protection projects in growing areas and ensure fair payments to farmers. In general, coconut products have a long import route and should be enjoyed in moderation. More information on this can be found here. Coconut: A miracle cure or an environmental problem?
Make sure the other ingredients in your red lentil soup are also as organic as possible.
Red Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk: Vegan Recipe
Vegan Red Lentils Soup
- Ready: about 10 minutes
- Cooking/Bake Time: about 25 minutes
- crowd: 4 servings
Chop the onion into fine rings. Cut your thumb-sized pieces of ginger into as small as possible. Place the red lentils in a colander and rinse thoroughly in cold water.
Heat the coconut oil in a large enough saucepan. Fry the onion, ginger and tomato paste over medium heat, stirring continuously for 3 minutes.
Add the red lentils and fry for another 3 minutes. Then deglaze everything with vegetable broth, tomato pasta and coconut milk.
Cover the pot with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Then simmer for another 5 minutes, uncovered.
Then try the red lentil soup with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salted coconut milk.
Red Lentil Soup with Coconut Milk: Variations
By adding more ingredients to the recipe, you can easily modify the red lentil soup with coconut milk.
- You can use the same amount instead of lemon juice. Orange juice use. It makes the red lentil soup a little tastier.
- can you cayenne pepper Chili Flakes or Chili Powder delegate.
- If you don’t like thick soup, you can cream the red lentil soup with coconut milk with a hand blender before serving. puree.
- freshman Cilantro or Parsley Finely chop with the green topping of the soup.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links. By purchasing here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de. This is because Utopia.de receives a portion of the proceeds from sales. More info.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for voting!