Vegetable broth is an integral part of almost all soups and sauces. Easy to make and store without flavor enhancers.
Vegetable stock – base without flavor enhancer
Ready-made bouillon cubes consist mainly of chemical components. flavor enhancer. When cooking your own broth, you can be absolutely sure that there are no unnecessary and unhealthy ingredients. Therefore, it is recommended to purchase organic quality ingredients. Not only is this healthy, but it also allows you to use valuable peels for some ingredients.
As the word fond suggests, it serves as the basis for many dishes, especially soups and sauces. In German, the term is often used synonymously with broth. Because both are similar. Broth is usually a by-product of cooking, but when making the broth, the ingredients are brought to a full boil. Also, the basic product, the broth, is not salted.
In another article we will tell you how As a basis for vegetable broth, you can make the paste yourself.
Make Your Own Vegetable Broth – Recipe
To make about 2 liters of vegetable broth yourself, you will need the following ingredients:
- 400 g carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 slice, about 150 g celeriac
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves
- 8 parsley
- 2 stems thyme
- slightly olive oil
- Wash carrots and green onions well.
- Peel the onion, celeriac and garlic. Cut everything into rings or medium-sized pieces. tip: Crush the garlic with a wide knife or spoon. You can read about how to make it in another article Organic waste can be reused.
- Fry the ingredients in a saucepan with a little olive oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Now add 2.5 liters of hot water and bring to a boil with vegetables. Reduce heat and simmer whole for about 1 hour.
- Now add the herbs and spices (laurel leaves, black pepper, cloves, thyme, parsley stalks) to the pot and cook again on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- When the broth is ready, filter it through a fine sieve or cotton cloth.
store vegetable stock
In the meantime, you can decide whether to keep the stock in screw-top bottles or freeze it. Stored in the cool, bottled and protected from light, it can be stored for several months. but you can also put it freezer container Alternatively, partially freeze the ice cube mold.
If you decide to use your glasses, you should use them just before you put them on. sterilize. The finished ingredients must be put in a hot state. screw top jar Fill it up, twist it slightly and turn it upside down. This creates a vacuum during cooling, which tightens the lid. When the jar has cooled, you can tighten it tightly.
If you prefer to freeze the stock, let it cool before splitting.
tip: The leftover vegetables gave most of the flavor, but they are too good to throw away. You can puree them, add fresh vegetables and cook creamy vegetable soups.
Learn more about Utopia:
** marked with ** or orange underline Some links to supply sources are affiliate links. By purchasing here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de. Because Utopia.de receives a portion of the proceeds from sales. More info.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for voting!